Rental property renovation and insurance

Investment and rental property can be a great source of income, but it also comes with its fair share of risks.

As a landlord, it’s important to protect your investment by having the right insurance coverage. From liability coverage to property damage, there’s a lot to consider when choosing insurance policies. But with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to determine what kind of rental property insurance you need. Let’s explore the different types of rental property insurance available and help you understand what coverage is necessary to ensure you’re fully protected as a landlord.

Commercial Property Insurance icon

Commercial Property Insurance

Learn more about commercial property insurance. Whether you have a storefront, office space, or rental property, we can help you protect your investment and source of income.

Here are some types of rental property insurance you should consider:

Landlord Insurance, also known as dwelling fire insurance or rental property insurance, is specifically designed for rental property owners. It typically provides coverage for the structure of the building, liability protection, and may include coverage for loss of rental income in case the property becomes uninhabitable due to a covered event, such as a fire or natural disaster.

Liability Insurance protects you in case someone is injured on your rental property and holds you responsible for the injury. It covers legal expenses, medical costs, and any potential settlements or judgments. Liability coverage is an essential part of landlord insurance.

Property Insurance provides coverage for damage to the physical structure of your rental property, such as the building itself, fixtures, and fittings. It typically covers perils like fire, vandalism, and severe weather events. Make sure to review any property policy to understand what is covered and what exclusions apply. We’ll walk you through every bit of it.

Loss of Rental Income Insurance helps protect your rental income if your property becomes uninhabitable due to a covered event. It can compensate you for the lost rental income during the repair or rebuilding period.

Umbrella Insurance is additional liability coverage that extends beyond the limits of your landlord or property insurance policy. It provides extra protection in case you face a significant lawsuit that exceeds the liability limits of your other policies.

Remember that insurance requirements can vary depending on your location, property type, and the insurance company you’re dealing with. It’s always a good idea to consult with an insurance professional to determine the specific coverage needs for your rental property.