Pyron Group Insurance, an independent insurance agency in Jackson, MS is searching for a new commercial insurance agent/producer.
The position will require excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a desire to put in the work and training necessary to become a successful producer.
If not already licensed, the applicant will be required to both study and pass the necessary courses and tests to obtain their Property & Casualty insurance license. The applicant will also receive specialized training and one-on-one coaching via Leavitt Group’s producer school.
While this is not a telemarketing position, there will be a lot of time spent on the phone, as this is a sales position. This will involve both warm and cold calling, but the applicant will receive the proper training to excel in sales calls.
Prior sales experience is not a requirement, but a “business mind” and a positive attitude are. This is a fun, fast-paced profession, but it does come with its fair share of stress. The applicant will need to be able to manage this and use it as motivation to succeed.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and bonuses awarded for exceptional performance. Paid vacation and sick days are included, company-paid health insurance (50%), as well as other voluntary group benefits.
- Position will be commission-based, with a beginning salary subsidy.
- Bonus opportunities
- 8 hours Monday – Friday
- Sales Experience: 1 year preferred but not required
- Insurance producer license preferred but not required
- Will work out of Pyron Group’s office in Jackson, MS.
- Remote working will be a possibility upon successful demonstration of meeting company objectives and goals for production.
- Basic Windows environment skills
- Microsoft Office
- Vertafore AMS360
- Microsoft Excel
- Video conferencing
- Social media marketing/self-promotion
Commission-based pay with beginning subsidy
Supplemental pay types
- Sales performance-based bonus opportunities
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance